The Generation Music Podcast features students, musician educators and other persons of interest, all involved in Music Generation South Dublin.
The Generation Music Podcast
Episode 1: Community Hubs (March 2021)
Episode 1 Content:
1. Latest news and updates.
2. Interview with Music Generation South Dublin musician educator Maeve O'Hara
3. 'Ode to Tallaght' (by Vincent Kennedy) and 'In the Mood' performed by Maeve's group Sing and Tonics
4. Interview with Music Generation South Dublin musician educator Conor McGowan
5. 'Thank you' performed by Conor McGowan
Episode 2: Meet the Students (April 2021)
Episode 2 Content:
1. Latest Music Generation South Dublin news and updates.
2. Interview with David Donnelly
3. David performs ‘Your Song’ by Elton John on piano
4. Interview with Eliseba Thomas
5. Eliseba performs ‘You are my sunshine’ and ‘A Nora Bheag’ on violin
6. Interview with Adam Reid
7. Adam performs ‘Again’ by Yui on guitar
Episode 3: SubSounds Mentors (May 2021)
- Latest Music Generation South Dublin news and updates.
- Interview with Martin Moran
- Music by Megan McGarry - ‘Snake Pit’
- Interview with Lyndsey Lawlor
- Music by Lyndsey Lawlor - ‘No Teeth’
- Interview with Elton Mullally
Episode 4: SubSounds Students (June 2021)
1. Megan McGarry (and a clip from her track ‘Medicated’)
2. Domhnaill and Fodhla Corrigan (and a clip from ‘Buh’)
3. Karl Davis (and a clip from ‘Ocean Tames’)
4. Kara Doyle (featuring a clip from her track ‘I’m in Trouble’)
5. Louise Sharkey (with a clip from ‘At the Dinner Table’)
6. Joshua Tuite (and a clip from his track ‘Tear-stained Model’ )
SubSounds is a youth music collective that is managed and delivered by a partnership between Alternative Entertainments and CONTACT Studio. It is funded by Music Generation South Dublin. CONTACT Studio is a South Dublin County Arts Office initiative.
The programme takes place in RUA RED South Dublin Arts Centre which is based in Tallaght & it is open to young musicians from throughout South Dublin County.
The SubSounds Class of 2021 album is available at: