Annette Halpin Memorial Music Award 2016
This award is available for young musicians/composers/singers living in the South Dublin County Council’s Administrative Area. It aims to support music education, development and performance. This might include but is not confined to master classes, purchase of instruments, recording, or travel. There are two strands to this award: €1,000 Award from Music Generation South Dublin (18 years and under); €2,000 Award from South Dublin County Council and the Halpin Family (25 years and under).
There are two strands to this award:
€1,000 Award from Music Generation South Dublin is open to applicants 18 years of age and under.
€2,000 Award from South Dublin County Council and the Annette Halpin Family which is open to applicants 25 years and under.
* Judges will have the discretion to split the awards between a number of applicants.
- The significance of the proposal to the musical development of the applicant
- The viability of the proposal and the ability of the applicant to realise their aspirations within the time and resources available
How to apply
- No applications will be accepted by email.
- Please submit 3 copies of the attached application form
- Please give a description of your proposal with detailed costings, and the impact it will have on your musical development on one A4 page (3 copies)
- A current c.v. or an outline of your musical accomplishments which can include awards, recordings, performances or training and workshops attended.
- If your proposal relates for further studies, a residency or mentoring, you must provide a letter confirming your acceptance.
- Please provide samples of your work on CD (1 copy)
- Proof of age
Terms & Conditions
- These awards will not fund third level undergraduate studies.
- Artists must live in the South Dublin County Council Administrative Area. It is the responsibility of the applicant to verify which Administrative Area they reside in.
- · Successful recipients must acknowledge South Dublin County Council, The Halpin Family and Music Generation South Dublin in all publicity material associated with the work. Logos are available from the South Dublin County Council Arts Office.
- · The funding cannot be passed on to a third party. You may not apply on behalf of someone else.
- · Successful applicants will be asked to participate in evaluation of the fund by providing a short written report describing their experiences and the contribution of the fund to their development.
- · Applicants awarded funding must agree to participate in an interview for the NOISE South Dublin website and or both Music Generation South Dublin and be open to discussing their experience with other young artists.
- South Dublin County Council reserves the right to publicise the awarding of the fund. Successful applicants may be asked to be available to South Dublin County Council and Music Generation South Dublin for promotional material.
Completed application forms should be sent to:
Blaithín Keegan / Colette Ryan, Arts Office, South Dublin County Council, Library Headquarters, Unit 1, The Square Industrial Complex, Tallaght, Dublin 24, YXW3 TEL (01) 4597834
TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK:
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATIONS
Friday April 1st at 1pm
For further information please email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org